- Crytek: they call it Deferred lighting contrary to Deferred shading. The technique is mentioned in the new Cry Engine 3 presentation here
- Garagegames in their new Torque 3D engine currently in beta. Read the article from Pat Wilson in ShaderX7 and the garagegames website
- Insomniac came up with a Pre-lighting approach that is similar to this. See Mark Lee's presentation from GDC 2009 here
- DICE is using it since a long time already
- I believe EA used it in Dead Space :-)
- Carsten Dachsbacher described a similar idea in his article "Splatting of Indirect Illumination" here and in ShaderX5
One of the interesting areas in this context is the ability to implement a one-bounce global illumination effect with the data in the G-Buffer and the light buffer ...